With over 20 years in the legal profession Janet K. Ewing has successfully helped thousands of clients in many areas of the law. Janet approaches every case with a determination to provide personal service and a superior knowledge of the law.
Janet received her Bachelor of Arts from Northern Arizona University. She began her legal career when she received her Paralegal Certificate from American River College, and a passion for the law was born. Janet received her Juris Doctorate from Lincoln Law School of Sacramento. In addition to being a well respected member of the California State Bar, Janet is admitted to the United States District Court in the Eastern, Central, Northern and Southern Districts in, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and has represented clients throughout the State of California.
With experience in many areas of the law including Civil, Family, Criminal, Business and Appellate practice, Janet brings a wide range of knowledge to the Ewing Law Group and uses that experience to achieve positive results for her clients. Janet's family law experience includes pivotal child custody cases resulting in reversing termination of parental rights and returning children to their parents.
Believing that no person should be denied equal access to the law and legal system, Janet serves the Sacramento community by providing free legal services through the many programs offered by the County and courts.
Janet has earned the respect of judges and other attorneys for her professionalism and courtroom presence. Janet has also received the praise and appreciation of her clients for her understanding, personal attention and diligence in pursuing their cases.
Janet's experience coupled with her passion for the law and personal attention to every client make Janet a unique practitioner of the law who continually seeks fairness and justice for her clients.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law 80%
- Civil and Appellate Practice 20%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Paralegal Certificate, American River College
- California, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Lincoln Law School, Sacramento, California
- Juris Doctorate - 2004
- Northern Arizona University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member Attorney, 2006 to Present
- Placer County Bar Association, Member Attorney, 2012 to Present